Matt owner of Matty's Pizza in the Midland Mall hired us to solve problems he was having with customers ordering the wrong items, or expecting a side dish but not getting one. Overall the ordering process was cumbersome and slow, that needed to be fixed.
Matt listed some of the issues he was having with the old menu boards:
- Food wasn't attractive looking
- The layouts of the boards, specifically the "Combo Meals" confused customers, they weren't sure what they were ordering and it slowed up the purchasing process
Here are the steps we took to solve Matt's menu mess:
- We first went to his kitchen and re-shot all of his food and drinks with professional photography equipment. This provided sharp, attractive, color-balanced food photos
- Then we redesigned the Combo Meals so the image easily showed all the items a customer would receive if they ordered that particular item. Gone are the days of having to cross reference a salad with a Coke
- Then we printed beautiful color saturated menu back lit transparencies
After a year, we checked back with Matt to see how the menu boards are working and he said "They're great! They've shortened order time a lot and provide for more accurate ordering, resulting in happier customers and less wasted food".